Wampler's Collective Series pedals are packed with features for players of all levels. Designed for affordability without compromising on the qualities that epitomize Wampler, every Collective Series pedal allows you to easily dial in rich, fat tones ideal for beginners and professionals alike. Welcome to the Collective.
The Phenom Distortion is a dynamic distortion pedal which uses JFET based clipping instead of Op-amp and Diode based clipping and is loosely based on the legendary "5150" style tones. The fets are driven much in the same way that tubes can be cranked to overdrive an Amplifier into a distorted sound courtesy of a unique Brian Wampler circuit design. The Phenom offers a range of tones from a deep, punchy rhythm sound to an ultra-responsive lead tone perfect for soaring solos and crisp harmonics. It has a flexible voicing switch that selects either bright or classic modes, independent gain and volume controls, and a powerful 3-band EQ.
In Classic mode, the Phenom Distortion delivers smooth, tight low-end punch and soaring lead tones. Through a clean amp and single coils this is the most dynamic of distortions, with an open organic presence. Play Phenom through humbuckers and a dirty amp and unleash a fire breathing monster. The Bright mode adds a glassy harmonic overtone which can accentuate different playing techniques and cuts through any live mix. Phenom is a flexible and organic distortion pedal with an original Brian Wampler circuit that is sure to become a classic.
- Collective Series pedal designed by Brian Wampler
- Dual voiced distortion pedal with switchable voicing modes
- Bright mode for added cut and aggression
- Classic mode for a smooth, robust distortion
- High-grade components selected for superior sound and response
- Volume, Gain and 3-band EQ controls
- Top mounted input and output jacks and power connector
- Dimensions: 2.5" x 4.4" x 1.4" (63.5 mm x 112mm x 35.5mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
- Power draw: 5mA, 9-18V DC
- Includes limited 5-year warranty