Swart Amplifier MOD 84 - Black Tux Cabinet - Celestion Alnico Ruby
You're looking at a very good condition Swart Amplifier MOD 84 guitar amplifier in a Black Tux Cabinet loaded with a Celestion Alnico Ruby speaker. There is a slight bit of wear on the front grill and a few marks in the tolex which can be seen in the photos.
FROM THE MANUFACTURER
Ok, so what does it REALLY sound like? The MOD84 has some of the best composed, yet soulful, cleans we've seen in our shop but with the ability to intertwine some fur and angst with some push and attack. It's got that Swart harmonic richness while still being open and transparent with that great Swart touch sensitivity. This is really a do it all amp that can cross many musical genres. It's literally been a hit with everyone that tries it and it almost defies a pat description as it sounds quite different from the "stock" EL-84 stereotype, almost mixing a bit of American and British into something truly unique. As you can tell, we're diggin' this one.
- All Tube circuit ~15w twin EL-84 High Class A Bias AB
- Swart's first EL-84 amp ~ Push-Pull EL-84 Power!
- Cathode "AUTO" Bias (no need to bias)
- 12AX7(2) - 12DW7(1)- EL-84(2) - GZ34 or 5Y3(1)
- Tube Rectification ~ GZ-34/5Y3 for compression/earlier breakup
- Top Mounted Controls for Front/Back Access
- 3-Way Interactive EQ Switch
- Tube Reverb via 12DW7 with Spring Tank
- Tube Tremolo with Custom Speed Sweep/Depth
- Hi/Lo Inputs for better PU Output matching
- Hand wired point to point ~ Made in USA
- Standby Switch ~ Warm-up up extends tube life
- Carbon Comp Resistors for BEST TONE
- Teflon covered High Purity Copper Wire
- Mallory, Sprague & JJ Caps, selected for Application
- 8ohm Custom Wired Heavy Duty Output Transformer
- Dedicated 2 button foot switch
- Extra Large Rubber Feet for Vibration/Protection
- Solid, finger-jointed Pine Cabinet
- Black Tolex and Gold Piping w/Gold Grill Cloth
- STR Tux style cabinet
- 1x12 Cabinet with Celestion G12H 35W Alnico Ruby
- Dimensions:26 x 15.5 x 10.5 39lbs
- Footswitch cord not included
- Power cord not included
And like all Swart amps, this is a hand-made, finger jointed pine cabinet with open back, sounding very sweet, warm, and lush but with excellent detail and articulation...that is, NATURAL articulation, not hyper unnatural detail. This has that major Swart holographic take, that kind of result that reveals itself late night when the power grid is low use... This is just a killer sounding amp that can cut through the mix in a band setting while still being able to sound intimate with your varying touch sensitivity and use of volume.