Damnation Audio MBD2 MOSFET Bass Distortion 2 - Black Out
NEVER WORRY ABOUT YOUR BASS TONE AGAIN!
MBD2 is the long awaited follow up to our original MBD-1 MOSFET Bass Distortion. The heart of the MBD2 the same bass-loving distortion as the original, but with a few enhancements customers begged for (and, up until recently, we’ve looked down from our chunky enclosure high horse and said, “No”).
Those enhancements include a smaller enclosure (with top-jacks of course!), an external boost switch capable of adding 20dB of gain to transport the internal MOSFETs into Valhalla, silent bypass switching for quiet stages (what are those?), and of course, a sexy new look. This compact evolution of the MBD circuit can fit on smaller boards so you no longer have to decide between crushing bass distortion and your Altoids tin.
- Gain: Controls the amount of gain in the distortion channel.
- Level: Controls the output level of the distortion channel.
- Tone: Tilt-style tone control for the distortion channel centered around 300Hz or 600Hz, depending on position of Shift switch.
- Shift: Down position centers the Tone control at 300Hz with a 10dB cut at the center frequency. Up position centers the Tone control at 600Hz with a 6dB cut at the center frequency.
- 20dB: Adds a 20dB boost on the front end of the distortion channel. Useful for boosting you signal for massive gain.
- Clean: Controls output level of parallel clean channel. The clean channel features a low pass filter with a corner frequency at 1K Hz to retain punchy low end without unnecessary clank.
- Depth: Controls the amount of low end injected into the distortion channel. Depth settings below 12:00 will tighten up the distortion to retain clarity with drop-tuned basses without sacrificing low end. Higher depth settings will thicken up bright basses and add mass to standard-tuned instruments.
Use only 9VDC 2.1mm center negative (boss-style) power adapters. Isolated pedal specific power supplies are highly recommended. Damnation Audio pedals are designed for maximum headroom and ideal performance with a 9V supply. Going above 9VDC will damage your pedal and void any warranties. Damnation Audio pedals do not accept 9V batteries.
Approximately 2 1/2” x 4 5/8” x 2 1/4”