Disaster Area Designs micro.Clock
Micro-Sized MIDI Tap Tempo and Clock Source
The micro.clock allows you to synchronize your tempo-enabled MIDI and non-MIDI devices, without taking up too much precious board space.
Bundle with one of our TRS-MIDI cables to allow for MIDI clock and program change output to 5-pin MIDI devices, or use a standard TS or TRS cable to send MIDI to 1/4” compatible MIDI pedals.
- The micro.clock leverages our advanced SMARTClock technology in a tiny package – just 3.6″ x 1.5″ x 1.6″ (93 x 38 x 42mm.)
- Tap the footswitch to set the master clock tempo. The micro.clock will then send taps to your devices to lock them in to your music.
- Selectable subdivisions let you tap in quarter-notes and set your devices to dotted-eighths, eight-notes, or triplets!
- Tap the knob to view or change the subdivisions or output settings for each output, then hold the knob to save the current settings to a preset.
- Hold the footswitch down to advance to the next preset. You can even set the number of accessible presets so that you only use what you need.
- Each tempo preset allows you to specify a tempo in BPM or milliseconds, as well as subdivisions or toggle settings for each of the three outputs. You can also set the micro.clock to send a MIDI Program Change to an external MIDI device.
- Have a pedal that needs an odd or unusual configuration for tempo control? The micro.clock works with devices that accept a normally-open or normally-closed footswitch, and can even send 0-3.3V control voltage that works with pedals with expression control of delay / tempo. Check with your pedal builder for details on their expression options!
- Blue LED display shows tempo in Beats Per Minute or milliseconds.
- Two (2) isolated optical relay powered Tempo Outputs or Function Switch Outputs.
- One MultiJack connectors can function as Tempo Outputs, Function Switch Outputs, Control Voltage Output (0-3.3V,) Footswitch Inputs, or MIDI Outputs.
- MIDI Clock output synchronizes a connected MIDI device
- Multi-Jack functions as tap tempo input, Control Voltage Output, third Tempo Output, or additional MIDI output (requires adaptor cables.)
- Internal DIP switches to customize each output.
- Tap Tempo mode with selectable tap subdivisions for each output.
- Up to 99 user-accessible presets.
- Sends tap signals and clock from 30-240 beats per minute.
- Available subdivisions include Quarter, Dotted Eighth, Quarter Triplet, and Eighth Notes
- Runs on standard 9V power, 60mA minimum.