Solidbody Electric Guitar with Alder Body, Maple Neck/Fretboard, 2 Humbucking Pickups, and Floyd Rose Tremolo
ALL FRIEDMAN GUITARS are Custom Ordered and built by hand.
***NOTE: Aging and wear marks are all one of a kind.
- Premium body woods - Dave chose genuine Alder as the body woods of choice for their classic tonal character. Each piece of wood is hand-selected by Grover Jackson himself. Grain pattern and lightweight are benchmarks for every CALI.
- Necks - Select eastern hard maple with Maple fingerboard is available.
- Frets – Jescar FW57110 nickel silver fret wire is used on CALI guitars.
- Compound Radius - Grover Jackson invented the compound radius fingerboard (CRF) 35 years ago. The fingerboard geometry is based on a conical shape rather than cylindrical. The significance is tangible and substantial – a 10”-14” compound radius fingerboard allows for maximum playability with no chance of your strings fretting out when bending. The compound radius is time-consuming and laborious to get exactly right, yet worth-it – and featured on every Friedman CALI.
- Tight Pocket and Exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pins - Neck shifting results in incorrect string alignment and is a challenge for many guitars. A tight neck pocket helps, but in-and-of-itself does not eliminate the problem. CALI guitars raise the bar with the exclusive Zero-Shift Neck Pin design; whereby, two military-grade precision steel dowel pins align the body and neck, eliminating shift altogether. The tonal benefit of this connection is a virtual fusion of the body and neck whereby the transference of vibration is maximized.
- Tuners and Bridge – The CALI utilizes modern locking tuners and features a German Floyd Rose locking tremolo system.
- Plek – Very few boutique builders and many of the giants do not use a PLEK. This German-made device provides the ultimate in fretboard analysis,
- Fret - leveling and overall setup, and ensures maximum modern playability of all Friedman guitars.
- Aged Nitrocellulose Finish - Grover Jackson is one of the few guitar manufacturers in Southern California permitted to spray nitrocellulose lacquer. Friedman guitars wear a thin nitro finish allowing the wood to breathe.
- Custom Friedman Pickups – In addition to the Friedman Classic pickup line. The Friedman Classic Single pickups were designed to produce that well-known vintage single coil chime with the ability to cut through the mix. This is combined with Classic+ Humbucker in the bridge position to provide every player with a full tonal palette.
• The Friedman Classic Humbucker is a 'tip-of-the-hat' to the legendary PAF Humbucker... smooth and sweet.
• The "+" in the Friedman Classic+ Humbucker signifies that it has more windings and is hotter than the Classic Humbucker. This gives the pickup a slightly crunchier tone in higher gain environments. This pickup is used in the bridge position of the CALI.
- Case included – All Friedman guitars come in a custom G&G case.
- Certificate of Authenticity - Dave Friedman and Grover Jackson carefully inspect each guitar prior to shipping. A serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by both Dave and Grover is included.