Gamechanger Audio MOD Series Chorus Pedal
!!! THIS IS A PRE-ORDER - SHIP DATE IS NEAR THE END OF MARCH 2024 !!!
MOD SERIES DESCRIPTION
The MOD Series is a fusion of classic pedal design with the extraordinary world of modular synthesis. This series isn't just an evolution in audio processing—it's a complete reimagining of what a pedal can be.
With every MOD Series pedal - your performance becomes part of the sound effect.
Your touch, your playing dynamics, and your note choice shape the tones and textures that respond to your performance and evolve in real-time. Here, the act of sound design is woven into the very fabric of your musical expression, inviting you to a journey of continuous discovery and wonder.
Modulation is a change of something to achieve an effect or express an emotion. Changes in effects are often achieved by the use of presets, expression pedals, and MIDI control. While each of these methods has its own advantages; they can only take you so far. The MOD series offers a different way to orchestrate the effects by focusing on playing your instrument.
Each pedal has two modulation sources that you control with your performance. The DYNAMICS follows the volume nuances of your playing. It captures the character of your picking style and your instrument's loudness and decay. The PITCH tracker, on the other hand, detects note choices, bends, and vibratos. You wield the power to route these modulations to any of the four effect knobs and set the parameters in motion.
Customize the modulation with the DYNAMICS and PITCH knobs along with dedicated mode switches. Adjust the DYNAMICS decay time, introduce glide to PITCH tracking, and tailor the response curves to suit your playing style and the desired effect.
Each of the primary effect knobs is paired with a corresponding smaller modulation amount knob, also known as an attenuverter. This allows you to precisely dial in the modulation amount and the direction for each effect knob independently. Imagine the dynamic possibilities – a loud strum on a guitar can turn one knob clockwise significantly, while only slightly nudging another knob in the opposite direction.. Explore the subtleties, from gentle parameter shifts to sweeping, full-parameter transformations.
You can play a note to set it as the center pitch by holding both footswitches. For instance, choosing A3 as the center pitch means that the PITCH modulation will activate only when surpassing A3. DYNAMICS features an adjustable volume threshold – modulation occurs only with notes louder than the set threshold. You can personalize your modulation experience with simplicity and precision.
FEATURES OF MOD CHORUS
- 3 algorithms: CHORUS, ENSEMBLE and FLANGE
- 4 streamlined controls: LEVEL, DEPTH, RATE, FEEDBACK
- 3 shapes: SAWTOOTH, SINE, RAMP
EXAMPLES OF MOD CHORUS
Add slowly increasing vibratos on sustained notes and chords. Set the pedal to CHORUS mode and listen to the WET sound only for a VIBRATO effect. Route the DYNAMICS to the DEPTH knob and set it in the maximum desired vibrato depth position. Increase the DEPTH MODULATION AMOUNT in the counter-clockwise direction to reduce VIBRATO DEPTH on the initial part of each note.
Inject a metallic CHORUS resonance into your sound by cranking the FEEDBACK. While this can initially sound appealing, it's an effect you might not want to have constantly on. Route the DYNAMICS to the FEEDBACK knob, set it to the minimum value, and add a little bit of MODULATION DEPTH in the positive range - just a tiny bit to color the attacks.
Accelerating jet engine
FLANGER is known for the effect reminiscent of jet engine sounds. Route the PITCH to both DEPTH and RATE to animate the FLANGER effect as you move up the neck by making it faster and more intense.
- Stereo and mono signal processing. Stereo routing is possible both using regular TS mono cables or TRS stereo cables
- Switchable input level: INSTRUMENT, LINE or EURORACK
- Switchable LEVEL knob functionality: INPUT LEVEL + DRY SOUND, INPUT LEVEL + KILLDRY or DRY/WET MIX
- TRACK input for routing an auxiliary signal for controlling the modulation
- TRACK output for passing the TRACK input further or for dry signal output
- MIDI/CLK input for MIDI clock or analog trigger sync for time base effects
- 9V DC center negative power inlet, power supply of at least 250 mA is required
- USB-C input for MIDI and future updates
- 4 Patch Cables included in the package
- Pedal Weight 450 g / 1 lbs
- Pedal Dimensions LWH 15.2 x 10.2 x 7.5 cm / 6 x 4 x 3 in
- Package Shipping Weight 600 g / 1.3 lbs
- Package Shipping Dimensions LWH 16.4 x 11.2 x 9 cm / 6.8 x 4.8 x 3.7 in