The FILTER is a simple but powerful semi-parametric guitar equalizer featuring three individual bands to cover the range of a guitar effectively. The circuit has been carefully designed with high headroom for low noise, low distortion performance, while offering up to 12dB of boost OR cut with the ultra transparency and musicality of an analog recording console EQ. The Low band is switchable between a bell filter at 150 Hz or a Low shelf at 100 Hz and has been voiced to provide very powerful low-end without feeling muddy, even at high boost levels. The High band is a carefully voiced bell filter with a center point at 6 kHz or 4 kHz. The High band filter is highly useful for dialing in the perfect amount of sweet articulation or smoothing harsh overtones with a touch of analog magic that console EQ is known for. The MID band is a tip of the hat to some of the most beloved console EQs ever made and features a premium inductor driven bell filter with three selectable frequencies at 460 Hz, 780 Hz and 1.8KHz. These frequencies are key musical points in the guitar’s range that can be very useful to control with a dedicated EQ. Beyond utility value, the use of a real inductor results in a rich, dimensional sound that makes the “mids” come alive with extra harmonics, especially when pushed hard. Vocal, wah type tones are even available when the mid bell is pushed to the extreme and can be perfect for getting a solo track to cut through the mix. With plenty of gain on tap, use the LEVEL control to achieve unity gain or boosting with any EQ curve.
The FILTER is a culmination of our obsession with studio grade electronics and we are proud to offer what we feel is the most musical EQ ever put into a pedal format.
The FILTER comes equipped with a top self, Burr Brown OPA2134 opamp chip, chosen for its transparent tonal quality and low noise. For the discerning guitarist desiring mastering grade EQ experience, the FILTER can be “upgraded” to be driven by a premium dual discrete Opamp, the same found in our PreDrive and LIFT. Upgrade information can be found HEREFilter Standard Features:
- Studio-Grade Three Band, semi-parametric EQ based on classic analog recording console topology
- Low Band with 12 dB boost or cut. Bell at 150 Hz or Low Shelf at 100 Hz.
- Mid Band with 12 dB Boost or cut. Inductor driven bell filter with three frequencies: 460Hz, 780Hz, 1.8 kHz
- High Band 12 dB Boost or Cut. Bell at 6kHz or 4 kHz
- Low noise, low distortion premium electronics with full range frequency response 20Hz-22kHz.
- Stock High Performance Burr Brown OPA2134, upgradeable to Dual Discrete Opamp
- High Performance Power
- Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA and whisper quiet
- Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal:
- USA designed and manufactured Discrete Opamp
- Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- Top shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- Shortest purest signal path possible
- Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
- Extremely Low Noise
- True Hardwire Bypass Switching
- Pedal board friendly footprint and rear-mounted jacks
- Box and Circuit Handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
- Dimensions: 2.75”W x 4.75”L x 2.5” H
- Weight: 2.5 lbs