This guitar, dubbed Bel Air Rat Rod, is part of our INSPIRED BY Southern California Car Culture series. The inspiration for this series came while watching the Wednesday night car crawl on Main Street in downtown Huntington Beach, CA.
The Banshee is our road improved version of that winged classic we all grew up listening to. Redesigned from the ground up, we focused years of attention, brainstorming and listening to our touring artists about how to improve the Banshee. By redesigning the shape, we could add mass and open up access at the same time that further improves the balance. We spaced the controls out to be more user friendly, and made roughly a dozen other changes that cumulate in the best Banshee ever.
Built from solid Spanish Mahogany to create an light, well balanced tone monster for those looking to make it through the Winter. With a scarfed head joint to improve strength, TonePros bridge, Wolfetone pickups and more!
- Top: Spanish Mahogany
- Back: Spanish Mahogany (neck-thru)
- Neck: Spanish Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Standard C
- 1st Fret = .86" - 12th Fret = 1.00"
- Width at Nut: 1.70"
- Fretboard: Wenge
- Binding: Black
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22
- Radius: 12"
- Fretwire: Jescar 47095NS
- Inlays: Keystone
- Finish Top: Satin Matte Black
- Finish Back: Satin Matte Black
- Finish Neck: Satin Matte Black
- Bridge: TonePros Nashville
- Tailpiece: TonePros Stop Tailpiece
- Tuners: Kluson Banjo
- Control Layout: 2 Volume / 2 Tone / 3-way Toggle
- Pickups: Wolfetone KauerBuckers
- Weight: 6 lbs, 13 oz.
- Case: Mono M80 Vertigo
Kauer Banshee Artists:
- Scott Holiday / Rival Sons (Go buy Great Western Valkeryie to hear LOTS of Banshee's)
- Tom Dumont / No Doubt - DREAMCAR
- Gary Hooker / Brad Paisley Band
- Matt Schofield
- Walter Becker / Steely Dan
- R.J. Ronquillo / Thompson Square