Death by Audio Germanium Filter Distortion/Filter
TRUE VINTAGE DISTORTION
The Germanium Filter is our love letter to sticking a pencil in your speaker. Start with a console-style drive circuit, add in a dash of obsolete germanium transistors, and finish it off with a super intense DBA-style filter, and BLAMO! You’ve got a sound heavy enough to crush on and sharp enough to slice a tomato.
The Filter control is extremely unconventional - it’ll take you from bottomless, sub-woofered out lows to super searing and brittle highs, with a universe of tone in between. The Germanium Filter will help you find the sweet spot for your instrument in any situation—at a show, in the studio, or even stranded on the side of the highway after your tour van catches fire—hey, it happens!
The Gain knob starts with a dirty boost that then spans through saturated drive, spitting distortion, and a blistering fuzz tone. Get ready for your sound to be cranked up to infinity-and-a-half and captured on tape by the most incredible recording engineer you’ve ever heard - only there’s no engineer and no studio. Just you, your guitar, your amp, and the Germanium Filter.
- Filter: Controls the frequency response of the pedal, featuring huge low end, scooped mids, and sharp, piercing highs.
- Gain: Sweeps from mild overdrive to blasted-out fuzz. Very interactive with your guitar’s volume control.
- Volume (internal): Controls the overall output level of the pedal.
- Dimensions: 5" x 2.5" x 2.25" (including hardware).
- Weight: 10.6 oz.
- Power: 9V (runs on standard 2.1mm negative center 9V adapter or included 9V battery).
- Current Draw: 5 mA.