Deimel Guitarworks Doublestar #042 in Moon Dust Blue
A classic »vintage-like« feel and the the essence of two iconic guitar designs were the main originators for the creation of this all new Deimel Doublestar. The most favourite features have been taken to create a new but still »well known« feel of an electric guitar. Frank‘s love for vintage designs and his ability to built custom guitars have led him to develop this unique interpretation of »best of both worlds«.
The Doublestar »Raw Tone« is designed as a L. P. style guitar with a glued in Mahogany neck and a maple veneered Mahogany body. The identical looking Doublestar »Bolt Tone« instead features a one piece Alder or Ash body with a bolt-on Maple neck.
The string through body design provides a stronger pick attack and guarantees a rigid accoustic coupling. A classic electronic circuit routs the sensed tones through high quality passive parts and capacitors.
- Body Wood: African Mahogany, 3 Piece
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Transparent laquer, Matte finish
- Fretboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: 21 Wagner Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: Medium scale, 25" w/ compound radius 9.5" to 12"
- Nut: Synthetic bone
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Glue: Polyutherane
- Neck Shape: Medium Fat 59LP
- Headstock: Black fiber with Mother of Pearl Inlay
- Tuner: Kluson Traditional Style w/Perloid Keystone Buttons
- Body Varnish: Moon Dust Blue, Open Grain, Matter
- Pickguard: Tortoise, 1 Ply
- Pickups: Handwound Deimel HB90, Raw Nickel Covers
- Bridge/Tremolo: ABM Tune-O-Matic / Stop Tail Piece
- 3-way toggle
- 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Knobs: Nickel Dome Knobs
- Wire: Teflon, 7 Stranded
- Pots: CTS/Bourns
- Case: Deimel Hiscox hard case
- Capacitors: Vishay Sprague 1813, 22nf
- Output: Switchcraft
- Weight: 7lbs. 5.6oz.