G&L ASAT Classic, Lake Placid Blue Metallic
The G&L ASAT Classic is Leo's final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil Magnetic Field Design bridge pickup created by Leo Fender delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD neck pickup and you'll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you'll find a whole 'nother level of heaven.
The ASAT Classic's hard-rock maple neck features an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2" radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious hardshell case, you'll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that'll have your pulse racing.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on.
- Model: ASAT Classic
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Lake Placid Blue Metallic
- Bridge: Boxed-Steel with 6 Saddles
- Knobs: Knurled Dome-Top Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White Pearl
- Trim Parts: Chrome Pickguard Screws
- Body Other: Double-Bound White
- Neck Profile: Modern Classic
- 1-11/16" Nut Width
- 1-5/8" String Space
- 9.5" Radius
- .820" Depth at First Fret (+/- .015" tolerance)
- .870" Depth at 12th Fret (+/- .015" tolerance)
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple w/Matching Fingerboard
- Neck Finish: Satin Vintage Tint
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Black Face Dots
- Nut: Bone
- Tuners: G&L Standard
- Neck Pickup: G&L MFD ASAT Classic Single-Coil, Black
- Bridge Pickup: G&L MFD ASAT Classic Single-Coil, Black
- Controls: 3-Position Blade Selector, Volume, Tone
- D'Addario EXL110 10-46
- Case: Deluxe Black Tolex
- Weight: 8lbs. 6oz.