In the late 1970's the overdrive pedal was arguably perfected when Japanese engineers designed the sound that we now know as the heart and soul of so many of our favorite artists, recordings and sounds. Players ranging from The Edge, Trey Anastasia, Buddy Guy, Kirk Hammett, John Mayer, SRV, Carlos Santana and thousands more from every possible genre have utilized and depended on this classic iconic green box. If a single effect pedal was chosen to board a Voyager 3 mission and be solely responsible for showing the universe the sound of overdrive, it would undoubtable be Tube Screamer. It is probably the most produced and sold pedal in the history of guitar pedals! The Bonsai is our tribute to one of the greatest pedals ever created.
- The Bonsai is our tribute to one of the greatest pedals ever created, the tube screamer
- A simple rotary knob switches through nine classic, vintage, rare, or hard to find variations of the screamer
- The Bonsai does not emulate these pedals, it is exact replications of these nine units all housed in one box
- Choosing a mode on the Bonsai rotary actually activates components specific to each unit
- The up position has more open and forceful crunchy tones and adds more overall volume and more headroom
- The smooth tone control has none of the harsh ice-pick characteristics that overdrives can have at brighter settings
- Uses an internal charge pump to run on normal 9v or convert it to 18v for lots of headroom, added low-end, and more punch