The Mr O was created to reproduce the special and beloved sound of the original phase shifter pedal. Released in the early 1970's intending to replicate the sound of a Leslie rotary speaker, the phase shifter turned into a widely popular effect that influenced the sound and role of the electric guitar ever since. After many hours of careful listening, playing, and tweaking, we finally arrived at a design that earned its colors and has the elusive magic of this historic pedal. Mr O stays true to the original's six phase stages while packing much more inside of a smaller, pedalboard friendly footprint. Since the original had just three speed switches and no other adjustments, we gave the Mr O extra flexibility to satisfy the needs of a modern instrumentalist seeking the tones of this vintage classic.
- Speed controls the speed of the LFO. We carefully replicated the unique shape of the original's LFO waveform at various speeds. Unlike a lot of modern phase and modulation designs, the shape of this wave changes slightly with speed adjustments. Balancing the amplitude and offset of the waveform at particular speed intervals are key to getting Mr O to feel like the original.
- Adjust Depth to achieve a more or less drastic phase shift. To the left, it can be quite subtle producing a slight phase shift to give your tone a bit of an evolving, "chewy" feel. To the right it becomes more intense and the unique waveform of the original becomes apparent.
- The Color knob controls the amount of feedback regeneration, to add a bit more or less “whoosh” if desired. At the lower end, the tone is smooth and warm. Turning it up high creates sharper resonant peaks.
- 4/6 button to switch between the original six phase stages (up) OR decrease to four stages (down).
To most closely simulate the sound of the original, start with the Speed, Depth, and Color knobs pointing straight up to 12 o'clock with the switch UP in the six stage mode. You will now be closely emulating the sound of the original in the medium speed position. Adjusting Speed to the far left simulates the slow speed position, 2-3 o'clock simulating the fast position. We included a little extra to the far right for those who like to push the limits and like faster speeds in the vibrato realm.
- True Bypass
- Standard center negative 9V DC supply (not included)
- Current draw: ~70mA
- The Mr O and MojoHandFX is in NO way sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with Gibson or Maestro. MojoHandFX does not want to associate with or disrupt the legacy and goodwill of Gibson's Maestro mark.