Pigtronix Cosmosis Stereo Ambient Reverb
Years in the making and the first of its kind, Cosmosis is a stereo, high-fidelity ambient reverb that allows musicians to tailor three original spaces—Theatre, Temple, and Cosmos—as well as manipulate them in real time. In addition to controls for the size of the reverb, wet/dry blend, and filtering, Cosmosis features a unique Morph function that allows musicians to alter their reverb settings in real-time by pressing the left footswitch. The three space algorithms found inside of Cosmosis are all-original and truly unique. Theatre puts the player in a variable room that ranges from cozy to highly reflective using multiple parallel short reverberators. Temple occupies a dramatic, large indoor space by implementing numerous long reflections in both parallel and series. And Cosmos creates an enormous spectrum of heavenly reverb derived from the harmonic content it’s fed. The Morph feature found in Cosmosis provides a simple way for players to trigger a gradual change to various reverb parameters over a specified amount of time set by the accompanying Morph Rate knob. Players can set both “red” and “green” values on their Tone, Blend, and Size knobs, then engage the Morph footswitch to oscillate between the two reverbs at their desired rate. Any combination of knobs can be assigned to morph. Create elegant morphs for subtle movement or sweeping, cinematic morphs for dramatic sound design effects. Save up to four custom reverb presets, including morphing. Cosmosis runs on standard 9VDC power.
- Size: Sets the size of the reverb space.
- Blend: Sets the balance between wet (reverb) and dry (clean signal)
- Tone: Clockwise from noon, this control applies a high-pass filter, making the reverb sound brighter. Counter-clockwise from noon, this control applies a low-pass filter, making the reverb sound darker.
- Morph Rate: Sets the time it takes for parameters to change between “red” and “green” values when the Morph footswitch is engaged.
- Morph: Enable morphing for any combination of the 4 on-board knobs. Push to toggle through knobs, press and hold to select. Press and hold again to deselect.
- Preset Select: Push to toggle through 4 pre-loaded presets, press and hold to select. To save a custom preset after making changes, press and hold. Presets can also be toggled and selected using only footswitches (see manual).
- Space Select: Push to toggle through 3 available reverb spaces.
THREE EVOCATIVE SPACES
The three unique space algorithms found inside of Cosmosis are entirely original and comprise a combination of primary source impulse responses, imagined reflections, and inspired mathematics. Theatre is a vintage-inspired small room sound ranging from cozy to reflective; Temple is a rich and flowing larger space featuring long reflections in both parallel and series; and Cosmos makes use of divine inspiration to create an enormous spectrum of harmonically-informed reverb. Kill the Size knob in any space to conjure a ghostly, full-wet “reverse” reverb effect.
ENTER THE WORLD OF COSMOSIS
A portal of such divine proportions was always missing in the Pigtronix universe. One day, traveling further than ever before into the outermost reaches of what he knew to be true, Marvin caught glimpses of refracted light and mist hovering in the atmosphere of a new, far-distant planet. This was the long-sought Cosmosis—a planet that takes in the sounds of the galaxy, sublimates them, and ushers them to the other side forever changed.