Spaceman Effects Meridian Chorus - Purple Sparkle
The Meridian is an analog short delay circuit showcasing the legendary MN3007 bucket brigade chip. It isn't just an out of this world chorus, it's a wispy, warping, flowing Time Modulator. Designed to reward your continuous experimentation, the Meridian prioritizes ease of use at every level of its deep feature set, making it simple to navigate through a staggering array of modulation sounds. Explore lush chorus tones, true pitch-shifting vibrato, throbbing Leslie, and so much more. We have carefully constructed the Meridian to have the highest sound quality, lowest noise signal path featuring pre-emphasis and de-emphasis, companding, and lovingly crafted anti-aliasing and reconstruction filters. Plug into Meridian and travel through the quantum singularity into another dimension.
The Meridian is our most flexible, and sophisticated modulation effect to date, and will instantly whisk you into another dimension. Its refined control layout makes it intuitive to navigate through a staggering array of liquid chorus tones, rubbery pitch vibratos, vocal flange effects and more. The MN3007 analog bucket brigade IC at the heart of the Meridian has a delay time range of 0.8ms to 50ms making it simple to cover a plethora of time based effects. The high quality signal path surrounding the delay line has been optimized with noise-reducing companding, and custom filtering to keep the tone clear and articulate while providing all the analog warmth BBDs are known for.
The modulation section offers three waveshapes: sine and triangle for classic chorus, vibrato, and flange sounds, and an experimental flux waveshape for off-kilter, slithering, seasick tones that can also add intriguing movement when used subtly.
Rate and Width may be controlled via expression pedal or 0-5V CV. Additionally the LFO may be disconnected opening up double tracking, and comb filter sounds. Negative feedback can be added to the delay line via the regen control for a focused vocal quality that is especially useful at short delay times. The utility of the Meridian is enhanced by a mix control capable of sweeping from 100% wet to 100% dry, and a dedicated level control, something often missing from modulation effects. Transit the Meridian and effortlessly flow across the quantum boundary, warping and bending time to your will.
- All analog signal path
- High headroom MN3007 bucket brigade
- 0.8ms-50ms delay time
- Easily dial in chorusing, vibrato, flanging, double tracking and more
- Wide range LFO with Sine, Triangle, and Flux waveshapes
- LFO speed 0.12Hz (8 seconds) to 15Hz (65ms)
- Noise-reducing compander, and custom tuned filters
- CV/EXP options for controlling Rate, Width, and delay time
- Mix control for fully wet or dry tones and a dedicated Level control
Hand-wired and built in Portland, Oregon, the Meridian features true-bypass relay switching with a soft-touch footswitch. On top of the cast-aluminum enclosure sits a durable, engraved vinyl faceplate and jewel indicator light. This pedal is built to last a lifetime, both on Earth or in the vacuum of space.
- Width: 3.68 inches / 93.5 mm
- Depth: 4.73 inches / 120 mm
- Height: 2.25 inches / 57 mm
- Weight: 14.6 ounces
- Input Resistance: 1 Meg Ohm
- Bypass Current Draw: 32mA
- Engaged Current Draw: 58mA
- EXP / Control Voltage: 0-5V DC TRS Jack - Over / Reverse voltage protected
- Input Voltage: 9V DC, negative center via the 2.1mm jack