Universal Audio Astra Modulation
Taking you deep down the rabbit hole of classic analog modulation, UAFX Astra Modulation Machine serves up the most sonically authentic bucket-brigade chorus/vibrato, studio flanger/doubler, and tube-driven tremolo effects ever placed into a single stompbox.
Built upon our powerful new UAFX dual-engine processing and unmatched levels of quirky analog realism, Astra delivers richly addictive vintage modulation, beautifully crafted to inspire you for decades.
Chorus Brigade: Iconic Japanese Modulation
Upon its release in 1976, this legendary gray bucket-brigade stompbox changed the sound of music with its thick, luxuriant chorus and wavy vibrato. Astra's Brigade Chorus mode gives you the most complete circuit emulation of this landmark unit — including its preamp section for authentically thick, saturated sounds — letting you paint with subtle ripples of analog texture and tone, adding chewiness, shimmer, and motion to everything you play.
Flanger/Doubler: A Rackmount Studio Classic
Packed with late-'70s bucket-brigade tech, this classic rackmount studio flanger/doubler is famous for stunning whoosh effects, organic thickening, and a parade of wild sounds that go way beyond typical flanger boxes. Astra's Flanger/Dblr effect is the only end‑to‑end circuit emulation of this ultra‑rare unit, capturing its original features to a "T" and putting impossibly dense, complex flanging/doubling right at your feet.
Trem 65: Authentic Tube Amp "Shake"
Few things compare to the optical tube-driven tremolo of '60s American amplifiers. Deep, undulating, and the very essence of vibe, Trem 65 is a faithful emulation of this classic circuit. From shimmering ripples to choppy mayhem, every dynamic detail is captured in UA style, down to the complex interactions between the light source photoresistor and 12AT7 driver tube. Plus, you can explore further and create your own trem textures with variable sine and square wave settings.
- Flagship, no-compromise stompbox offering the most authentic bucket-brigade and tube-driven tremolo effects ever captured in an effects pedal
- End-to-end emulation of iconic Japanese chorus/vibrato pedal
- Complete circuit capture of legendary '70s rackmount studio flanger/doubler
- Stem-to-stern model of tube-driven optical tremolo from classic '60s American amps
- Store and recall your favorite preset, silent switching, and true/buffered bypass*
- Free Phaser X90 and Dharma Trem '61 effects, downloadable at registration