The UAFX Lion '68 Super Lead Amp pedal gives you the classic British amp sounds made famous by decades of legendary artists including Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and more.*
Lion '68 is the only pedal that delivers the dead-on tones of three distinct 100-watt plexi amplifiers. Built on powerful dual-engine processing and world-class UAD modeling, you get all the gorgeous cleans, aggressive breakup, and hot-rodded roar of the originals.
*Use of artist names does not constitute official endorsement of UAFX Lion '68 Super Lead Amp pedal.
Experience Legit Tube Amp Tones, from Stage to Studio
Whether it's replacing your amp rig and going direct to front-of-house, or recording tracks into your DAW, Lion '68 gives you the inspiring, album-ready tones of three expertly miked "golden unit" 100-watt plexi amp heads — with sonic realism far beyond other digital modelers.
Experience Authentic Super Lead Sound
Lion '68 is the only amp-in-a-box pedal that faithfully captures the bell-like cleans, aggressive kerrang, and soaring distortion of a vintage hand-picked Super Lead head, giving you tones that jump from your speakers and electrify your nervous system.
Get Classic Super Bass Tones for your Pedal Platform
Looking for less aggression with a spongier attack and more clean headroom? Lion '68's Super Bass will get you there, with a jaw-dropping emulation of this classic plexi variant — perfect for pairing with overdrives, fuzzes, delays, and more.
Go Brown for Hot-Rodded Heaven
The “brown sound” of Van Halen is ground zero for hot-rodded Super Lead tones. From the sag of a voltage-starved Super Lead amp to the mixed Celestion 25-watt "Greenback"/JBL D-120F 4x12 cabinet, you'll get the aggressive sizzle, softer midrange attack, and string-to-string definition that inspired generations of guitarists.**
Add Authentic Boosts
Only Lion '68 lets you take your crunch and searing lead tones further with tried-and-true boost recipes — including a Maestro EP-III preamp, Boss GE-10 ten-band EQ — at the turn of a knob.**
Customize your Sound with the UAFX App
Lion '68 gets even better with the UAFX Control mobile app. Add the onboard noise gate, download custom tones, recall and archive your presets, and dive deeper into the sound that spans generations.
Get the Nerdy Details on our "Golden Units"
To capture classic plexi sounds, we sought out prime specimens — a '68 Super Lead and '69 Super Bass — each bone stock with "laydown" transformers. For the "Brown" amp, we used a Variac to bring the wall power down to 90 volts and rebiased the amp extra hot, giving you the authentic sound and feel of the most famous hot-rodded sound ever recorded.
- Powerful UAFX dual-engine delivers the most authentic late-'60s British 100-watt tube sound ever placed into a stompbox
- Authentic emulations of three legendary high-powered tube amplifiers — Super Lead, Super Bass, and "Brown" and Includes the world's best speaker cabinet, mic, and room tones derived from the award-winning OX Amp Top Box
- Features "hot rod" amp and speaker mods, plus free additional downloadable speaker cabinets and mics upon registration
- Bypass cabinet/mic emulations and use in front of your amp for added tonal flavor and overdrive sounds
- UAFX mobile app lets you customize footswitches, tweak noise gate, recall and archive your presets, unlock additional features, download artist presets, and more and a timeless UA design and craftsmanship, built to last decades