The Julia is a fully analog, feature-rich chorus/vibrato packed with a wide array of tonal landscapes begging to be explored. Updated for 2020, Julia now has top mounted jacks, soft switch bypassing and updated art from Adam Forster. Julia is able to produce mild smooth chorus, to seasick vibrato and everywhere in between. With controls like Lag, Dry-Chorus-Vibrato Blend, and selectable analog LFO wave shapes, you are able to dial in all types of classic and unique chorus/vibrato sounds; some settings giving a familiar feel while others are not found on traditional chorus pedals. A special feature of the Julia is the Lag control. The Lag knob lets you set the center delay time that the LFO effect modulates from. From smooth and tight modulation at lower settings, to warbling detune at maximum, the Lag knob adds a new dimension to the traditional Chorus/Vibrato landscape.
- RATE – The Rate knob allows you to set the speed at which the LFO sweeps. From little to no movement at lower settings, to wild wackiness at max.
- DEPTH – The Depth knob allows you to change the amplitude of the LFO. From no movement to deep sweeping modulation.
- LAG – The Lag knob lets you set the center delay time that the LFO modulates around. From smooth tight modulation at lower settings, to noisy nauseating detune at maximum, the Lag knob adds a new dimension to the traditional Chorus/Vibrato landscape.
- WAVE SWITCH – The Wave switch lets you select either sine or triangle LFO waveforms. The sharper corners of the triangle wave generally sound more appealing for chorus type effects, and the more round shape of the sine wave generally sound better with vibrato type effects.
- D-C-V BLEND – The Dry-Chorus-Vibrato Blend changes the ratio of dry to wet signal sent to the output. At minimum, you will hear no effect. Set it to noon for equal parts dry and wet – the traditional chorus setting. Set it to maximum for 100% wet – the traditional vibrato setting.